Here we have mentioned most frequently asked SAP CRM Interview Questions and Answers specially for freshers and experienced.
1. What is SAP CRM?
SAP CRM (Customer Relationship Management) is a software tool provided by SAP to support end to end customer related supports. It handles various activities like invoicing, delivery, decision making, accounts receivable and so on.
2. Mention what are the master data in SAP CRM?
In SAP CRM, the Master Data is basic data about your customer which can be shared amongst different modules.
3. Explain what is Activity Journal?
You can record and update information from customer visit or telephone call in Activity Journal.
4. Mention what is the standard transaction type for Quotation?
The standard transaction type for quotation is AG, and the item category is AGN.
5. Explain what is partner function in SAP CRM?
As the name indicates partner function describes the organization and people with whom the business is done, which includes any kind of business transaction. Partner function includes information like
• Sold to party
• Ship to party
• Bill to party
6. Explain what is text determination in SAP CRM?
In CRM, text can be used to exchange and information between the customers, partners or between the users. Text can be created for customer master, sales document header and item, billing document header and item and so on.
7. Explain what is Actions in SAP CRM?
“Actions” in SAP CRM are a way to add functionality to objects. For example, to send quotation to the customers from the quotation document, you can use Actions. Another use of actions is, for instance, creating in follow on document.
8. List out the standard transaction types for sales?
Some of the standard transaction types for sales are
• LEAD- lead
• AG- Quotation
• OPSM- Sales Methodology
• TA- Tele Sales, etc.
9. Explain what is the prerequisites to create an opportunity?
Lead is the pre-requisites for creating an opportunity. Once it is qualified as a hot lead then, it is send through workflow and then opportunity is created.
10. Explain what is the difference between a CRM lead and an Opportunity?
• Lead: It is an account or contact with very little information.
• Opportunity: It is a contact or account which has been qualified.
11. Explain what is logical links in SAP CRM?
The navigational bar in SAP CRM has two level menu structure. The top level menus are referred as work centers, and these work centers contain logical links that point to the actual CRM application. Below the two-level menu system, there is a set of logical links which enables the CRM user to directly create the CRM business object. These links are referred as direct links. Logical link allows navigation to different pages.
12. Mention how CRM assign the business roles?
To assign business roles, SAP CRM uses two basic ways
• Indirect assignment of business roles PPOMA_CRM
• Directly through security roles assigned to user masters in SU01
13. What is the package that you use to save the OD profile?
To save the OD profile, we use $tmp.
14. Explain how you can display the error message in web UI when the user has not entered a specific field?
To display the error message in web UI, you have to call message class in even EH_onSave. The message class is created in SE91.
15. Explain what are adapters?
A CRM middleware is used for the exchange of data between the CRM system and connected ERP system. It is also used to assign data and convert it into various formats and to connect with external systems.
16. Explain what is BDOC in CRM? What are the types or classes of BDOC?
BDOC or business documents consist of all data’s or information used by CRM middleware to transfer or exchange data with mobile clients.
The BDOC classes or types are
• Messaging BDocs
• Synchronization BDocs
• Mobile Application BDocs
17. In SAP CRM, what is the action profile?
Action Profile is a Post Processing Framework (PPF) it gives some output on given conditions.
18. How CRM can handle e-mails from customers?
SAP CRM provides workflow enabled email processing capabilities. It can retrieve e-mails sent from your customers, route e-mails automatically to appropriate users based on workflow rules, manage multiple attachments in emails, send automatic replies to your customer and so on
19. What is the difference between CRM and ERP?
CRM combines sales, contact, marketing, management and customer support. ERP stands for Enterprise Resource Planning; it standardizes and streamline business processes across services, sales, finance, HR management, etc.
20. Explain what is IPC?
IPC stands for “Internet Pricing and Configurator.” The IPC carries a set of engines that execute pricing and product configuration functionality in a variety of scenario and sap applications.
21. What are the important components of IPC?
The important components of IPC are
• Sales Pricing Engine (SPE)
• Sales Configuration Engine (SCE)
• Free Goods Engine
• Free Goods Engine
22. In real time what SAP CRM consultant to?
In real time, SAP CRM consultant analyse the business requirements and then configure the ERP.
23. Is it possible to change or an organizational attribute within the Organization Model Functionality?
Via the transaction code 00ATTRICUST, you can change the transaction code. This area is a core SAP configuration screen from here any deleted items cannot be recovered.
24. How to delete business partner?
To delete business partner you can use BUPA_DEL and BUPA_PRE_DA.
25. Mention where in the table you can find the internet e-mail addresses for business partners stored?
It is in the table ADR6 that you will find the e-mail addresses for business partners stored.
26. What is the action profile in sap crm? how to use complaints and returns life cycle in service process ?
Action Profile is a Post Processing Frame work (PPF) which gives some output (like as smart form, fax, document ) on given conditions.
And this is used in every place in SAP CRM where we define the Conditions for the successful implementation of the activity. like in Opportunity Management,Monitoring the Activity of the enterprise employees etc.
27. How to find target group & what is the flow of BP to Target group ?
In marketing to execute a campaign you need a Target group.
Target group in simple words is nothing but a group of BP’s. You can create a target group in segment builder (T- code CRMD_MKTSEG).
28. Explain some example of business object, customizing object, condition object ?
Business objects are business partner sales order etc customizing objects are customizing country, customizing time zone etc, conditions objects are pricing related
29. How is the job market for sap crm ?
Market for CRM not too good it is just ok….
The main problem is no one is perfect so we don’t get guidance from anybody…….we have to struggle ourselves.
30. How to integrate R/3 with CRM ?
To exchange data between ECC ( R3 ) and CRM systems we need to maintain connectivity for both systems. Please ask your Basis consultant to do the following configuration.
Maintain Logical Systems in both systems and link with respective clients.
Maintain RFC destinations in both systems pointing to each other system.
Maintain Number ranges as mirror images in both systems.
Ex: Maintain same number range in ECC as Internal and in
CRM as External or vice versa.
31. Below are the steps for the integration between R 3 & CRM :
SAP ECC :
-Define logical system for ECC ( Name )
-Define logical system for CRM ( To establish the cross connection )
-Identify the data which you wanted to copy to crm
-Assign logical system to the client
SAP CRM :
-Define logical system for CRM
-Define logical system for ECC
-Assign logical system to client
-Copy the required data from ECC .
32. What is master data in sap crm ?
Master Data is org & CP basic data which are mandatory for creating org & CP in CRM system.
EX: Org Name & address details & Contact details and CP related Names and contact details
33. Suppose we have created a organizational structure in a non-sap system and how we will transfer this organizational structure to another non-sap systems ?
Through Batch job we can transfer non spa org structure to another non sap org structure.
we can transfer non sap to sap and sap to non sap through
To monitor batch job SM37
34. What is the standard transaction type for quotation ?
Transactio type – AG
Item category – AGN
35. How many tabs are there in navigation bar ?
Navigation bar concept comes in WEB UI
The navigation bar profile is defined in CRMC_UI_NBLINKS Based on how you define, you can have different work centers for different Navigation bar profiles.
36. Whether sap consultant work on development server or testing server ?
It depends on the Landscape of your environment
Example: Sandbox – Development – Testing or Quality -Production
In support process usually you replicate the issue that the user has got in the testing or quality environment and then try for a solution.
In Implementation, sandbox is used as a rough book to try implementing and doing experiments, later you do a clean configuration in Development and then transport the same to Testing or Quality and finally go live to the production environment.
Note: The above mentioned is just an example, the landscape and process can be different from organization to organization.
37. Can we download data from data sets/Info sets ?
Attribute sets, Info sets, BW query and ELM are the different data sources for segmentation.
38. How many types of campaign are their ?
There are different types of campaigns like E-mail campaigns, Call list can be generated, Campaigns can be run to create leads etc.,
39. What type of Business Scenario you are following in you Project ? Business Scenario means what ?
Business scenario is nothing but what is the process, like for example how is the CRM application used by your client.
Example: for us the sales reps from different location in US raise the sales orders in the CRM system and they flow to R/s and we also implemented the marketing module to run the e-mail campaigns for the product promotions.
40. Quotation transaction type comes under which functionality in CRM ?
Quotation transaction type: AG
-Create or Generate leads with Marketing Campaign
-Track, qualify and close oppt
-Manage and track ERP quotations
-Process ERP Sales Orders
-Fulfill logistics needs
-Process invoices in ERP
-Manage account parables
41. How can you maintain links between an opportunity and other sub opportunity?
This can be maintained with the help of project profiles.
They are defined in the IMG settings
42. What is the significance of Billing relevance field?
There is no relevance of the Billing field in the Opportunity.
43. What do SAP CRM Consultants do in real-time?
Analyze the business requirements according and then configure the ERP.
44. What is the package that you use to save the OD profile?
$tmp and save it
45. What are the different organizational determination rule in CRM?
Rule type responsibilities.
Rule type organizational attributes.
There are two types:
1. Rule type this is working for read and evaluated.
2. Organisation type which is only read.
46. What are the prerequisites to create an opportunity?
Lead is the perquisites for opportunity after qualifying it as a hot lead then it is send through workflow and then opportunity is created.
For opportunity, we can create 2 ways one for follow-up transaction:
For lead or direct opportunity, in follow up transaction for lead you should maintain copy control for lead to opportunity, then if lead is qualify respective levels for the workflow, automatically opportunity will creates.
For opportunity, you should maintain sales cycle and phases, and all profile proper way and then follow up for opportunity you should maintain copy control.
47. What is Netweaver in SAP & its role?
Netweaver is a SAP component, it is like single sign in sap, using netweaver you can give particular screen to the user, you can log in to any SAP systems using netweaver, it is control by EP consultant.
48. What is the differences between R/3 pricing and CRM pricing?
In CRM, you could not find account keys.
Differences in Pricing in SAP CRM and SAP R/3
Condition Type in SAP R/3
Connection is not supported in SAP CRM
BO01 to BO05
Rebate processing is not supported in SAP CRM
Down payment processing
Down payment processing is not supported in SAP CRM
Factoring discounts are not supported for invoice lists in SAP CRM
Cost prices only exist in SAP CRM if delivery-related SAP CRM Billing is being used. In this case, the cost price is determined: Goods issue in the SAP R/3 OLTP System reads the costs and transfers them to the billing due list in the SAP CRM System.
Expected customer price
Expected customer price via EDI is not supported in SAP CRM.
Differences in Condition Processing:
- The source condition record cannot be displayed in SAP CRM for technical reasons, when processing conditions in a transaction.
- Unlike SAP R/3, SAP CRM recognizes several pricing transactions. This enables you to compare pricing transactions. This can be useful after failed searches or price changes.
- The pricing type cannot be predefined when starting a new pricing transaction in SAP CRM.